The person who has overall responsibility for safeguarding at Gilberdyke Primary School is Miss Joanna Beeston.
In the absence of Miss Joanna Beeston, the Deputy Safeguarding Lead is Mrs Fiona Binsley.
Meet the safeguarding team:
What to do if you have a concern about one of our pupils:
During School Hours
· Contact the school and speak to either Jo Beeston or Fiona Binsley
· Contact the Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH) on 01482 395500
Out of school hours and during school holidays:
· If your concern is urgent and there is an immediate risk of harm, then contact the police via 999
· If your concern is less urgent but you are worried about the welfare of the child then contact the Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH) on 01482 395500 (Mondays-Thursdays 9am-5pm, Fridays 9am-4:30pm). Outside of office hours the Emergency Duty Team can be contacted on 01482 241273
· If you have concerns about a child at Gilberdyke Primary School, which you believe the school need to be aware of, then email Suzanne Wilson, Strategic Safeguarding Lead for HCAT: email@example.com. Ms Wilson will make contact with a key member of staff from the school on your behalf.
We are an ‘Operation Encompass’ School
Operation Encompass is an innovative project that is being run in partnership with Humberside Police and is aimed to support children who are affected by Domestic Abuse.
Following any domestic abuse incident being reported into Humberside Police, the school will be informed of a child’s involvement. This knowledge within school allows a trained Key Adult to offer the provision of immediate early intervention through overt or silent support, dependant on the needs and wishes of the child.
For more information please read the letter below or to visit the website https://www.operationencompass.org/
Op Encompass Letter for Schools - Humberside
Child Protection policy
E- Safety Policy
Keeping Children Safe in Education
Working Together to Safeguard Children
What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused